CEO, Speaker, Leadership Performance Coach, HR Expert, and Rode her bicycle from San Francisco to LA, Anne Laguzza; is the CEO of The Works Consulting. As a seasoned business executive with human resources management, leadership development, and performance coaching experience, Anne works with clients from a variety of industries to develop better systems, maximize employee productivity, and enable management to focus on business growth.
Prior to founding The Works Consulting, Anne served as the Regional Human Resources Director for a Fortune 500 distribution company. There she led a merger transition team and was responsible for strategic planning, implementing new policies and procedures, workforce restructuring, compensation structures, and integrating the work cultures of over 600 employees.
In addition, Anne was formerly the Human Resources and Training Director for a start-up entertainment company. At this company, Anne was responsible for organizing and implementing a company-wide program that involved new company direction and strategic planning. Prior to her work in the entertainment industry, Anne served as the Regional Training Manager for a nationwide retailer. As part of a corporate expansion project, she developed and launched a multi-state training program for human resources managers.
Anne earned her Master of Arts degree in Organizational Management from Antioch University and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of California, Riverside. She is an active member of the Society of Human Resources Management and is the Board Chair for Harbor Interfaith Services and a Board Manager for the YMCA, Los Altos.
And in this episode Anne & Ivonne talk about:
- The feeling of BEING LOST
- The Challenges of Leading People
- Her own self-leadership journey through the loss of her mother
- Becoming the leader of your own life.
- Valuing the people you hire.
- Making People feel Important.
- Excellence as a foundational Standard.
- The Power of Giving Back, and so much more.
Anne has taught human resources and management courses at Long Beach City College and California State University, Dominguez Hills, and volunteers at non-profit organizations teaching interviewing skills to adults seeking re-entry into the workforce.
If you want to learn more from Anne, be sure to visit her social media:
Podcast produced by Brilliant Futures Productions.
Sponsored by Delaflor Teachings Int.
- 174 – The Willingness Not to Quit with Claudia Trojan - November 29, 2023
- 173 – The Three Treasures with Lohan Warrior Priest, Sifu JC Cox - November 21, 2023
- 172 – The Power to Overcome with Jeff Vulpis - November 15, 2023